Wednesday, December 3, 2008

regarding loss

In the day or two following a great loss, I have taken time to reflect on life as I know it. The life I am leading, where I am headed, what I am doing to make the world a better place....

I have 2 voices going through my head....Kathleen gave us an example unlike any I have ever witnessed in real life. Her love for family, church, and God is an inspiration to me. She taught me so much in the last year and I will think of her every time I need to make a decision (I should clarify here, anytime I need to make a church decision - all things fixing/handyman/plumbing/building related will still be consulted through my Grampa, RIP).
Kathleen taught everyone she came in contact with, (especially over the last 2 years)how to fight a good fight. She never did anything half-way, everything, even in death, was full on, 100%, ready to go, get out of my way, lets rock....I am no longer living life half-a*&. not anymore. take life by the horns....

...the other voice is John Mayer, at his concert a few months ago, he talked about how if we can follow extraordinary people, learn from their mistakes, and take their life and model our after it, we don't have to go down any bad roads again...and we can learn how to REALLY live...amen and amen in the wake of the loss of Kathleen.

no more half-a&* from me....more postings, more books being written, more reading, more learning, more ordination, more loving family, more hanging with friends, more...living.....

No comments: