Wednesday, October 10, 2007

winning

competition...

I love it...

I have a hard time in life NOT competing. Pick-up games of basketball turn into Game 7 when no one is looking, kick-ball is not for leisure...it is for victory, and flag football...don;t even get me started!

Don't get me wrong, I know when to take it easy and when to distribute the ball evenly in a friendly game involving youth...

"Its for the kids" a friend of mine used to say..especially when one of the adults was playing a little to aggressive...

There are however, 2 competitions that I find most invigorating

1) Competing against people who do not know they are involved in the game
and
2) Competing against people I do not know

Lets break it down:
Competition 1) I think this is why I like MTV's Boiling points so much when it was on. It is fun to see people get hyped up, and then realize it was a game. oops...

I like being the first to go when the light turns green (while always looking both ways mom). I like kicking a rock further than people who don't know we are playing. I like following behind people and doing what they were not able to do, or doing it better/faster.

I would imagine a psychologist would have a good time breaking that one down, I think it just about being competitive.

Competition 2) Currently I am involved in a online promotion involving a large national food chain. (I would tell you who, but I want a better chance of winning...sorry). Each day I log-on and enter. (You will not be laughing when I win my cool million!) I can enter once per day, and every day as I hit that final "submit" button, I think about how one of us will defeat the others, and we will never know who we defeated. Sad really...

but not as sad as throwing a fit on the side of a mountain when you fall.....

EPIC

1 comment:

Rob Jackson said...

I may have lost at "how to act like a 32 year old" but I won "most memorable ski run of all time"

and frankly, I'll trade one for the other (but never again).