Wednesday, September 26, 2007

when it rains...

this week has been filled with bad news. Church members who have died, family who is close to death, and more family with "one thing after another" kind of news.

When it rains, it pours.

Sometimes it seems that life, both good and bad, comes in waves. I am reminded that God is faithful, and present, and alive in the midst all of it.

Last week at the end of the Nicodemus Project, someone wrote the question "Why do we feel so far from God sometimes?"

Here is what I know to be true, even though at times, I know it only in my head and not in my heart. And for lack of a better way to say it, I will say it bluntly:

god is there...you are the problem...

in those times we are feeling far away, or even when we feel realy close, it is our awareness that is what is changing, not God.

I know that is hard to hear, it is hard to say.

Sometimes matters of faith are hard...that is what makes it faith.

No comments: