Monday, September 10, 2007

This is the Word of The Lord...

While for the most part, it was great (great numbers, good response from a bunch of kids, new folks, etc) last night was tough for me. we had some really disrespectful kids (talking while others were talking, not paying attention, not participating) and was bummed all night and this morning - having a hard time getting motiviated for this week and really struggling with what to do...

then I read in Matthew (12:48) "great gifts mean great responsibilities, greater gifts mean greater responsibility" - God has this amazing sense of humor, and timing, and has a clear reason and way to focus me...

...what an amazing responsibility we have (you and me) to share our gifts because they are great gifts! Keep working at it!

as my friend Joe just reminded me - stay with the system! (I choose to operate in the "God loves you" system) The "If you build it, they will come", "marathon not a sprint", "seed planting" business is a good business to be in, just need a reminder from time to time of what I really do...

No comments: