Wednesday, September 5, 2007

my job

I love epiphanies....in the middle of the everyday moments, those moments of clarity or insight that just appear...

I had a good one today....and it seems kind of trivial now that I am back at my desk...but here it is...

I was walking out of the main building today headed over to my office - I got outside - felt the beautiful north Texas fall afternoon - and for some reason realized...

I LOVE MY JOB!

Not JUST my new job, but I love what I do. I love being creative and organized all at the same time, I love planting seeds and watching them grow, I love knowing what I do changes people.
This may sound contrite or conceded, but believe me when I tell you - "this is not to say my job is better than your job" - this is just to say, I love my job!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my new job...there is such excitement here and I know this is where God wants me to be. the people here are amazing and the youth have so much passion and enthusiasm. It is contagious really.

as I took a few more steps across the parking lot, I realized one of the things I love about my job, is I get to help youth (and adults?) find what they love to do...that is awesome.

I read a quote in Relevant magazine a few years ago, and have forgotten the authors name (if you are reading this, e-mail me and I will give you full credit, because it is a WONDERFUL quote) but it has stuck with me for years...

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs...
ask yourself what makes you come alive then go do that,
because the world needs people who have come alive."


go.......

1 comment:

Joe Stobaugh said...

It's good that you love your job because you are exceptional at it! Keep on doing the good work: you are changing lives!