Monday, September 10, 2007

what is sacred?

I started reading "Practicing Passion" by kenda Creasy Dean. She is the same author that wrote "The Godbearing Life" - a truly life changing book for me.

In her introduction and in the first chapter, she is exploring what it means to be a passionate church and how to free youth (really free adults to let youth do what is natural for them) to be passionate. This got me thinking....

I started thinking about what is sacred in my life? So I posed the question to the youth of Suncreek last night. The answers I got last night were very interesting. A wide reange of things that they hold sacred. Thought you want to know what things the "youth of today" hold sacred:

God
Family
Friends
True love
Me
A promise
Freedom
Love
Trust
Time with family
Christmas
Friendships
Faith
The time I get to spend with my family at church and at other places
The time I get to be with god
The lives of my friends and family
God & Jesus
My church
My life
My cross country team
Time spent with my family, team, friends, and boyfriend
Companionships
Natural beauty
Laughter
Moments of stillnessmy time with God
Future
Trust
My time with cantate and youth
My time with my music
life
Happiness
Good health
Safety
Time
Time for living
Performance jitters
Laughing
People who make you feel beautiful
Rain
time with distant relatives
my life and Christ in my life
camp BridgeportFor kary and Brittany and a the church members at Suncreek church, for all the joy and compassion they bring to me
teaching
confidence
prayer
opinions
Bible
Convictions
Smiles
Contact
Birthdays
Responsibility
My dog
Theater
Nature
The picture of my brother
Gods love
Animals
The cross
Dance
Worship
My parents
Happiness/joy
Art/creativity
My inmost calm

No comments: