Thursday, September 6, 2007

Backsliding - "W-W-A-T"

I have a confession...today I cheated on my hair stylist....

The prologue: I have been a "as cheap as I can" haircut guy for a long time...well, all my life. I can remember my mom 1) cutting my hair herself 2)visiting the beauty school for our haircuts and 3)taking us RIOS 5.95 goldencuts

needless to say, getting a "good haircut" was never high on my priority list....

I would consider it a good day when I walked out of fantastic sams and didn't look ridiculous...$11 well spent!

Then I met Ashley....

Ashley is this awesome woman who was spunky, and fun, and gave a darn good haircut...she was (see prologue) MUCH more expensive than I was used to...but it was worth every penny, because everytime I walked out, I loved my haircut (plus she was the best shampooer ever!)

the problem...now in order to get in with her I would have to drive 4 hours each way (something that is still not out of the realm of possibility in my head).

So to save some gas, and because I don't know where to get my haircut in Allen (or Plano/Mckinney/Frisco), I went on the recommendation of a certain "funny" friend and went to Sportclips this morning.
Sportclips' idea is that guys want to watch sports while getting a hair cut (also a face wrap and a massage)...and in case you are in the market for various pro and college team souvenirs, Sportclips has you covered there as well. My nameless "funny" friend had gone a few months ago and told me it was cool. Not wanting to have to go back to my old ways of cheap haircuts, I never went...

My stylist was ok at best. She was one of those..."she just kept cutting" stylist, and now my hair is a few inches shorter than I wanted.

SIDENOTE: I have a thing about my ears....it wouldn't take a psychologist to figure out that it stems from my years as a child of invasive ear procedures.... please don't touch my ears and NEVER let water get in my ears...

The shampoo experience was terrible....when my 2 year old pretends to wash my hair, he does a better job....she let the water run all over my ears....plefg!
The towel wrap on my face was a bizarre experience because she "massaged" my face as well - it kind of felt like someone was dancing with their fingers on my towel wrapped face.

during this whole experience, I just kept thinking...W-W-A-T
"What Would Ashley Think?"

I would like to publically apologize to Ashley for backsliding into a cheap haircut....
let it never happen again...

1 comment:

Rob Jackson said...

Ashley will hear about this.

And then I will ask her if she has a friend in Allen or Plano, or Frisco, or North Texas or Oklahoma.