Wednesday, February 20, 2008

coffee & barney

For those who have not heard, my beautiful wife got a job! This means lots of things for our family - but the one that is on my mind at the moment is the shift in our morning schedule that this job will bring. We have moved from man-to-man defense to zone defense. I am now responsible for Mon-Wed-Sat mornings. This means that each of those mornings, starting at at least 7 am I will be doing the same thing - in front of the TV with my son, drinking a wonderful cup of coffee and watching Barney...yes...THAT Barney - the big purple dinosaur Barney. Because of "On Demand Programming" we tend to watch the same episodes over and over....and over...and over...and over...you get my point. Below are some observations about the episode titled "Come Blow My Horn".

- Barney is only good with coffee
- Barney loves a lot of things, and a lot of people, and really needs to be affirmed by love
"I love you, you love me, won't you say you love me too"
- guys with handlebar mustaches should not play the trumpet
- why do the fat guys always play the tuba?
- BabyBop should not be responsible for playing the drum..ever
- The kind of diversity that is found on Barney would be great in real life!
- upon first inspection, I did not see how they would talk about horns for 30 minutes...they did..and in fact, SUNG about them as well
- songs about horns are dumb...all of them..tell me a song about a horn that is good and I will recant this statement
- Barney is creepy - especially when he jumps
- coffee is delicious

For some reason, my son wants to watch Barney again right now and he wants to watch the same episode again. I am off...

2 comments:

Carol said...

Yay for the job!

Barney is never good.

Karen said...

No kidding... as I type these words to you, Isabelle is watching "Come Blow Your Horn" on the "big TV" (translated as the gigantic 50" flat screen mounted in the living room) and dancing and singing. Ah, the joys of On Demand...