Monday, February 25, 2008

my new favorite place on earth

there are a lot of places on this Earth that I love - the grand canyon, New York City, HEB camp, the list could go on and on.

This morning I found a new one - Escape Coffee & Donuts in Allen, TX

It is right across the street for my kids new school, and this morning I had my laptop and a few hours, so I popped in. This is the greatest place to work! It is loud, but hey, that is what headphones are for. there is this huge desktop place with comfy leather chairs and places to plug in your laptop. This is a great vibe, and, the coffee is GREAT!

1) Local is always better than corporate (I did however just found out that Starbucks provides full benefits to all part-time employees - that might be the only thing that tips the scale towards the 'bucks)

2) Frequent coffee program - buy 10 get one free...can't beat free!

3) Don't tell my competition in the weight loss competition, but the cinnamon rolls are unbelievable!

4) Two words - DRIVE THROUGH!

5) The decor is the coolest and weirdest thing I have ever seen.

6) the donut smell is stronger than the coffee smell, but not by much. simply the best combination of smells...ever

7) Did I mention the awesome comfy leather rolley chairs?

If you are in Allen, it is a great reason to - deep breath - cross the highway! If I am not at work or home, you can find me here....

1 comment:

Joe Stobaugh said...

Dude, don't sweat the roll at the donut place: I assure you, you will probably dominate again!
The combination of coffee and donuts is unbeatable.
Great lyrics on the next post!