Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I know, I know...

I imagine there will be a lot of people talking about this today, but here is MY version of the story....

last night I was up late (ok, not late, just later than the rest of my family). As I was crawling in bed I noticed that it seemed to be much brighter outside. I went over to the blinds and cracked them open to see SNOW!!! And lots of it! I was so excited, I went and woke Jana up! Being the good sport that she is, she h0pped out of bed to see it!

We are from South texas, and this is a rarity (like 1986 was the last time rarity) down there.

I could hardly sleep last night I was so excited to show Ky in the morning!

When he woke up, he was grumpy as usual and then I told him I had a big surprise for him. Like a light switch, he stopped crying and said "what is it? show me"

We went over to the window and I lifted the blinds to see the 5+ inches of snow that had fallen the night before! He flipped! He was so excited and talked about how it was like on Barney!
When I asked him if he wanted to go play, he said, NO! I want my mommy to hold me and you make a snowball....

a few minutes later we were all outside touching the snow. I will post some pictures when I get home...

when I dropped him off at school this morning, he asked me if we could play in the snow when we got home. I told him it would all be melted...then he started crying....screaming "I DON'T WANT YOU TO MELT IT".

A mom in the parking lot heard him and laughed and said, "WE had a very similar conversation this morning."

When I told him that I wasn't the one melting it, he said "who was melting it?"...I told him God. Then, not wanting him to not like god for melting the snow, I changed my answer to the sun. He doesn't like the sun anyway, it gets in his eyes.

No comments: