Wednesday, March 5, 2008

a recantion

As per my "Barney" blog entry below, it has come to my attention of a song about a horn that is good....now before I officially recant my horn statement, I would like to put a few prefaces on my recantment...

PREFACE #1 - "76 Trombones" was written by Meridith Wilson ~ which has been brought forth as to redeem all "Horn songs" - for The Music Man
PREFACE #2 - I was IN The Music Man in high school (I was in the chorus, and my biggest claim to fame in that show was I was the guy who carried the big box which contained the pool table in the opening Iowa scene - Somehow, carrying a pool table only took 2 of us...we were incredibly strong, as most delivery men from Iowa are, or, for that matter, ALL people from Iowa are.)
PREFACE #3 - While I love that show, I would hardly call "76 Trombones" a "good song about a horn"
PREFACE #4 - I wrote that blog very early in the morning - I was tired
PREFACE #5 - I am just so glad someone is actually reading my blog...I will recant anything at this point

SO....here it is

I, EVAN JONES, ON THIS DATE - MARCH 5, 2008 - DO HEAR BY RECANT MY STATEMENT THAT 'THERE ARE NO GOOD SONGS ABOUT HORNS'. I DEEPLY APOLOGIZE TO MEREDITH WILSON, THE GOOD PEOPLE OF IOWA, EVERYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED A HORN - ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO PLAYED A TROMBONE, ANYONE WHO HAS EVER PERFORMED IN THE MUSIC MAN, ANYONE WHO LIKES BARNEY, OLD LADIES, FAT CHILDREN, PERSONS WITH ONE FOOT, THOSE WHO LIKE THE DETROIT RED WINGS (I AM LYING ABOUT THAT ONE, I AM NOT SORRY FOR YOU), AND ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY READS MY BLOG FOR MY SLANDEROUS AND OFFENSIVE STATEMENTS.

Jackie....I hope you like it, thanks for reading my blog!

2 comments:

Rob Jackson said...

I sense insincerity

Rob Jackson said...

trombones go spikes high on french horns