Monday, March 17, 2008

what a day!

so after my AWESOME morning, I was worried that the rest of the day was going to be a let down...good news is, it was just the opposite! My day was SO great. I got to spend the bulk of the day with a great group of youth from Suncreek when we visited City House, an emergency teen shelter in Plano. We hung out with some of the residence and cooked some yummy homemade lasagna. We had some of the youth from the shelter help us cook and it was great to interact with them (and always great top teach people the joy of cooking). There was talks of a youth culinary small group...count me in!

The Suncreek youth were amazing and usual and rolled with the punches and jumped in where needed. we obviosuly had too many youth to all be in the kitchen at the same time, so a group just hung out and played basketball and vollyball. When we switched I fully anticipated some complaining about the amount of work left, but not one word! They all just did what was needed to get the job done! It was awesome! A group of girls made some awesome cookies that were consumed in .14 seconds, it was great to provide a group which does not get a lot of homemade cookines that opportunity.

All in all, it was a great "mission moment" and I look forward to spending more time there soon!

After lunch, I picked up Ky from school early so we could hang out on his birthday. About 10 minutes after I picked him up, I started feeling pretty lousy. Sore throat and stuffy head. Didn't matter, we went to Toys 'R Us and bought some birthday toys with Nana & Pawpaw money! A HUGE dinosaur and an awesome new tractor, he is set!

All is all, great day!

No comments: